Saturday, October 31, 2009

Here we go!

50,000 words in a month. Crazy huh?
I think the longest story i wrote years ago was back in high school. I do believe it was around 40,000 words.
It was a sappy teen angst romance. Nothing big...But i loved my characters.

I remember when I started that story. I was fifteen. It was on a Saturday where for once i had nothing to do. I got an idea in my head and then i began to write.
And Write...And write.
I wrote where ever, whenever, even when i wasn't supposed to.
Never had that happened to me before.
As I looked at the manuscript earlier this week all typed and double spaced, it may not have been so great, but I remember the feeling of working on something so hard and creating characters that you hope that all could relate to and loving every minute of it.
It was sad when my characters story stopped with The End.
But as their story stopped, another one opens.
This is my first time entering National Novel Writing Month. It's a contest that kind of tests your limits in what you can do writing-wise.
In my opinion, its a you vs. you type of thing.
Pretty much, you have to write a very, very rough draft of a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.

Sound easy? Not really...Mix in real life, a huge family holiday in Thanksgiving, HS reunion weekend (not attending, but hope to see some long-time friends that weekend) the usual writers block and times where want to write, blah, blah, blah... craziness...

Call me a hot mess!!

It starts offically in 2 hrs.
Every day, i'll post a blog along w/a word count to let everyone know how i'm doing.
Tomorrow, (providing that have not collapsed from sleep deprivation! LOL) i'll tell you all what i'm working on!

Love you all.

xoxo Shell

No comments:

On The Line

20310 / 50000

Other Stories and Works in Progress

Here are some other stories that are either completed or are works in progress

Stay

RSVP