Monday, November 17, 2008

The Josh and Jovi Effect

Talk about the Jovi Effect...

Earlier today I had gone out with my mother to get some lunch and run errands when the two of us get into her truck.

I turn on the radio and "Wanted: Dear or Alive" is on. I went "Oh mom, listen, Wanted is on!" she went "Are you kidding me? You know lately that everytime I happen to be in a room with you or pass by your room, there's a Bon Jovi song on?"

I had no idea. "I went. Seriously?"

She said. "Yep!"

Indeed I was surprised.

And then I noticed that the Jovi Effect also has now passed to my latest crush Josh Brolin...

Everytime I talk to my friend on the phone...I swear to god. Either No Country for Old Men is on...Or the Valley of Elah.

Both movies star Josh Brolin, Tommy Lee Jones, and that guy from Northern Exposure Barry Corbin (I think his name is).

By the way...Recommend both of those movies. Tommy Lee is fantastic in the Valley of Elah in which he plays a retired solider trying the solve the disappearance of his son.

In No Country for Old Men...In my opinion, it is Josh's movie. He should have gotten an Academy Award nomination for it. He's just that great in it. His performance of Vietnam Vet who just wants more out of life than what he currently has is something that I think everyone can relate to. Especially in this day and age.


So the spotlight again for me is on Josh....
Other facts about Josh

He and a friend are daytraders when he's not acting. They own a website called.
http://www.marketprobability.com
He's also married to Diane Lane.
Besides having James Brolin as a dad and Barbra Streisand as a stepmother...
Josh has directed a short-film called X which stars his daughter and also has directed a several plays in Rochester in a theater group that he and actor Anthony Zerbe (from Josh's Young Riders days) used to run.

2 comments:

Sunstreaked said...

ROFL! It's the voodoo Jovi affect that has transferred to Josh there, Shell! Start paying close attention and you'll see it in action (or hear it).

Love the blog babe, love it!

Shelly said...

thanks honey...

is it not bizarre...

I betcha one of those movies or something like the goonies or a jbj movie will be on today...

that's way my luck has been going lately!! LOL

On The Line

20310 / 50000

Other Stories and Works in Progress

Here are some other stories that are either completed or are works in progress

Stay

RSVP